- TOS-100 – The Arduino Stepper Motor Driver Shield.
- stepRocker™ – universal bipolar stepper motor controller & driver
The TOS-100 is an Arduino compatible shield capable of driving one bipolar stepper motor up to 1.7A that utilizes the Trinamic Motion Control TMC260 stepper motor driver chip.
For added compatibility with other arduino shields, the TOS-100 allows you to choose nearly any pin for any signal.
The TOS-100 Arduino Stepper Driver shield is the most easy way to use the Trinamic TMC260 motor driver chip to drive a stepper motor with Arduino. The TMC260 is a stepper motor controller for bipolar stepper motors. The unique features of the TMC260 are that everything can be controlled in software:
- the motor current
- stallGuard2™ sensorless load detection & stall protection
- coolStep™ load dependent current control for current reduction according to load
- spreadCycle hysteresis PWM chopper for perfect adaption to the motor
- microPlyer 16-to-256 μStep multiplier for easier driving and increased positioning precision at all speeds
- full protection and diagnostics
This makes the TMC260 much more versatile than other stepper motor drivers.
The TOS-100 Arduino Stepper Driver Shield adopts the versatility of the TMC260 Stepper Motor Driver. It comes with various options to install the shield, connect the motor and provide power. The ability to connect any control pin of the TMC260 Stepper Motor Driver to any of the digital pins of the Arduino it is virtually compatible with any other Arduino shield out there. The motor can either be controlled by step & direction pins, as other well known stepper motor drivers or by SPI for a more precise control and less pins used.
The TOS-100 Stepper Driver comes with a complete Arduino Library to get you started as fast as possible.
Getting your TOS-100:
The TOS-100 Arduino Stepper Motor Shield is availlable at Watterott.
Using your TOS-100:
Free stepRocker boards are available as giveaways on different trade shows and exhibitions of Trinamic and Samsung. Please head to the Trinamic website for more information on upcoming trade shows.
- TMCM-1110 stepRocker board schematics: TMCM-1110-V11_SCH.pdf
- TMCM-1110 stepRocker part placement: TMCM-1110-V11_Assembly.pdf
- TMCM-1110 stepRocker manual: TMCM-1110_hardware_manual_V1.08.pdf
- For additional documentation and software downloads please refer to the forum and/or download section.